Education Foundation of Tabernacle Township
The Education Foundation of Tabernacle Township is dedicated to supporting our schools in a way that allows teachers and staff to develop programming that goes above and beyond what would typically be funded by the school district, state or federal education budgets.
EFTT has provided funding via donations and grant support to provide professional development for teachers in addressing literacy in high-risk students, social emotional learning using the concept Mindfulness, as well as funding to address the social emotional needs of our teachers during Covid that would result in a positive impact on our students. Classroom support for STEM projects and programs, woodworking and garden programs including hydroponics have been funded. In addition to this, the Wingman program founded by Dylan’s Wings of Change was implemented this year to empower our young leaders to reach out to others with empathy to foster a caring community regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or sexual orientation. Funding was also provided to parents of special needs students for professional development and resource support.
In addition, the Education Foundation donates $2000 annually at the start of each school year to the HSA to help fund small project requests that the HSA receives from teachers and staff. This partnership allows the Foundation to continue funding smaller projects while at the same time streamlining the process for staff, making it easier for them to access the funds needed to carry out their projects once approved.
Since our inaugural year in 2015, the Education Foundation has awarded over $50,000 in grants to benefit students in our schools. Programs we have supported include:
- Hydroponics Program for TES
- Pollinator Garden for OMS
- PD for parents of special needs students
- Wingman program
- Toshiba Science grants for TES and OMS
- Funding to support woodworking program at OMS
- Breathe In, Breathe Out Room at TES
- Anti-Bullying Presentations
- Worm Bin Project
- Magical Healing Program
- Purchasing 3 Breakout EDU kits for the Elementary school
- Spring Chick Hatching Project
- TES Garden Program – several grants
- District Literacy Program
- Staff Professional Development related to Literacy Program
- International Professional Development - REWIRE Event
- Math Fact Flash Cards
- TES Reads Program