Emergency Closing Information
In the event of a Weather Emergency, you will be contacted through our emergency contact calling system. We will use the contact information you provided to your child's school. Be sure your child's school always has the most up to date information on how to reach you in the event of an emergency or weather alert.You should also check Lenape TV, the District Website, and KYW News Radio for up to the minute school closing information. Our School Closing number is 686.
Throughout the winter it may be necessary, due to inclement weather, to have a two hour delayed opening or to close school entirely. Should the weather forecast indicate improving conditions, a two hour delay will occur, thus providing better road conditions and safe travel for our students and faculty. On extreme weather days, we will be forced to close school.
However, if you receive notice from a TV channel report (stations 3, 6, 10, or 19, or radio station KYW) that we have announced a two hour delayed opening, this means:
It is our hope that we can preserve as much instructional time as possible. Your assistance in this matter will guarantee safe conditions for our children.Thank you for your help. Should you have any questions, please call your building principal.
- All students, grades K-8 should be at their regular bus stop two hours later than usual. For example, if your child is normally picked up at , on this delayed opening day they will be picked up at
- AM Preschool session will begin at and end at 12:50 p.m.
- PM Preschool session will begin at and end at
- Dismissal times will remain unchanged.
- “Safe and Sound” will operate at regular operating hours in the event of a delayed opening, except in instances of a State of Emergency.
- Lunch will be served as usual.