Conflict vs. HIB
- Involves people with similar degrees of power
- Involves an imbalance of power
- Involves a mutual disagreements or difference in interests or goals. Includes arguments and fights.
- One or more students are victims of one or more person’s aggression, needs, or interest.
- Is reciprocal; both parties participate in the conflict
- Is one-sided; one party instigates
- Both parties are responsible for wrongdoing
- Bully is responsible for wrongdoing
- A normal part of growing up and of life. The intent is not to hurt.
- The intent is to physically or emotionally hurt someone.
- Can be fairly resolved by compromise or negotiation
- A fair resolution involves a change in behavior of the bully; the target has no concession to make