Information Regarding PARCC Assessments
The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) is a consortium of states that developed assessments to measure student achievement in English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics based on the learning standards contained in the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for grades 3-8 and high school. These stated mandated 21st Century assessments are computer-based to make use of innovative technology. The PARCC test is administered annually.
to view a video about “Understanding the Score” – Emil Carafa, a principal from New Jersey.
to view the video “This is PARCC” – Dr. Bari Erlichson, special assistant at the NJ Department of Education.
to be directed to the “Parent Resources” section of the PARCC. The following resources are available on that page:
- Take a practice test
- What’s different about the PARCC tests?
- Glossary of PARCC assessment terms
- Learn about accommodations
- ELA Parent Guide for Score Report
- ELA Parent Guide for Score Report (Spanish)
- Math Parent Guide for Score Report
- Math Parent Guide for Score Report (Spanish)
- PARCC Performance Level Setting Handout
- PARCC Performance Level Setting Handout (Spanish)
- PARCC Performance Level Setting PPT
- PARCC Performance Level Setting PPT (Spanish)
- PARCC Timeline Graphic
- PARCC Timeline Graphic (Spanish)
Be a Learning Hero
helps parents navigate the changes happening in classrooms across the country so they can help their children be successful in school. They provide resources and information for parents from some of the nation’s most well-respected education and parent organizations including the National PTA, Common Sense Media, and GreatSchools.
Additionally, on the “Parent Resources” page, there is a box labeled Great KIDS! in which parents can find our state and their child’s grade level. Parents will then be redirected to the GreatSchools site with grade-specific information.