Tabernacle Township PTA Mission Statement
Our responsibility is to follow the guidelines of the National and New Jersey PTA, their Mission Statements, and Objectives.
- The purpose of this PTA is to provide programs that enhance quality education, expand the arts, encourage community involvement, and work for a healthy community environment.
- PTA positively impacts the lives of all children and families by empowering and supporting our members with skills in advocacy, leadership, and communication.
- PTA promotes parent and teacher interaction through cooperative undertakings.
- PTA provides parents a voice in support of their school system.
- PTA strives to make every child’s potential a reality.
National & New Jersey PTA Mission Statements
The New Jersey PTA
PTA is an organization whose members care about ALL children and youth – the school that they attend, the communities that they live in, and their opportunities for growth into happy, healthy, responsible citizens. PTA is democracy at work – making a place for all citizens regardless of color, race, religious belief, political preference, or economic and social status.
The National PTA Mission Statement
To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children; To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children; To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
The Purpose of the National PTA
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.